The best advice I have for you, is not where to stay, but WHEN to make reservations for your stay. The Daytona Beach area (10 mile radius) only has about 4,000 hotel/motel rooms, and remember, there are 600,000 bikers that come to Bike Week and 100,000 bikers that come to Biketoberfest. First come first served. During Bike Week, all the motels and campgrounds fill up rapidly. It's best to make your room reservations FAR in advance, one year in advance is not too soon.
The Daytona Beach area includes: Daytona Beach, South Daytona, Daytona Beach Shores, Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, Ponce Inlet and Port Orange.
New Smyrna Beach (10 miles south of Daytona, 15 minute drive)
If you can't find a room in Daytona Beach, FL... you may have to check with surrounding towns:
Deland (15 miles west of Daytona, 20 minute drive)
St. Augustine (50 miles north of Daytona, 1 hour drive)
Ocala (50 miles west of Daytona, 1 hour drive)
Orlando (50 miles southwest of Daytona, 1 hour drive)
Daytona Beach has a big beautiful beach but the police doesn't like people sleeping on it. So plan early and reserve a comfortable spot in a motel room or a campground.
BIKE WEEK (March) has been such a huge success for Daytona Beach that it made sense to have a second motorcycle event.
BIKETOBERFEST was created.
BIKETOBERFEST (Oct.) is not as big as BIKE WEEK (March), but it is growing. Finding a place to stay during Biketoberfest is easier than during Bike Week, but again, plan early and get a good spot.
If you're a die-hard fan of Bike Week who comes every year, one way to plan far in advance is to buy a Daytona timeshare with a set usage date during the first week of March. Fixed-week timeshares are great, because you never have to worry about missing the action or making room reservations again. Another option are floating-week timeshares that let you reserve accommodation dates up to two years ahead of time. This way you can split your time between Bike Week and Biketoberfest or adjust your arrival and departure depending when events fall each year.
located near all the Bike Week action in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Downtown Daytona Campground: a 3 acre campground located 1 block from the Beach Street Harley-Davidson dealership - We are the closest campground to Main Street and Beach Street. Bring your tent or RV, we have clean hot showers and bathrooms. Our campground is located "behind" the buildings at 344 M.M. Bethune Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL See Map - Contact: Warren Trager, 386-252-5338 (day), 386-255-3019 (night). When you call Warren, tell him special code: HENRY
- Nova Family Campground (386) 767-0095
- Ocean Village Camper Resort (386) 441-1808
- Orange Isle Campground (386) 767-9170
- Rose Bay Travel Park (386) 767-4308 or 788-4110
- Sunshine Holiday Camper Resort (386) 672-3045
- Tomoka State Park (386) 676-4050
- Town & Country RV Park (386) 257-6137
- Daytona Beach Campground (386) 761-2663
- Crazyhorse Campground & Saloon food, entertainment, 30 acres of RV and tent sites, Daytona Flea Market, US 92 & I-4, Daytona Bch. (888)438-2729
- Bulow Campground & Bike Week Hot Spot (800)RV-BULOW has 150 acres of campgrounds, two saloons, bike week activities, food, vendors and live bands. I-95 (Exit 90) Flagler Beach (10 miles north of Daytona). (386)439-9200
- Cabbage Patch (386)427-2659 There's a great deal of "down home" biker events & camping action going on in this area.
- Cacklebery Lot Next Door Campground next to Cabbage Patch (386)428-5459 Camping (RV & Private), parking, vendors, lighting and security. Tomoka Farms Rd. (S.R. 415) & Pioneer Trail, Samsula, FL Cacklebery@aol.com
- KOA Kampgound - Bikers Welcome - Hot showers, breakfast restaurant, friendly faces, good rates - I-4, Exit 54, DeLand / Orange City - (386) 755-3996
- Motorcycles Only Camping Available - Daytona 200 M/C Clubhouse, 1 mile west of I-4 on U.S. Highway 92, Daytona Beach - Clean rest rooms, showers, food available, advance reservations suggested. Camping by donation, 3602 W. International Speedway Blvd., contact Frank Whitacker - (386) 672-3927
- Rally Headquarters Campground - International Speedway Blvd. (US Hwy 92) and Tomoka Farms Road at the intersection of I-95 and I-4 Exit #87A or #87B off of I-95 - 25 acres of camping -featuring trade shows, motorcycle displays, & seminars - Beer, food courts, lakeside picnic areas - Live national entertainment, restaurants on site, clean restrooms & showers - Adjacent to Daytona Flea & Farmers Market - (386) 257-2540 or 1-800-529-7010